Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Books I Want to Read in 2014

Ah, in just a few hours, it will finally arrive. Already arrived for some people, though. Happy New Year if you are one of them!

Today I wanted to compose a list of books I want to read next year. I recently made a Goodreads account (private, though) and have come across some reads I decided I wanted to try out. Of course, some of them have been on my reading list for ages but I haven't gotten to them yet. I will next year! (I hope.)

BTW, my goal for next year is to read 50 books. Starting small. Let's see if I can make it. You will probably be getting a lot more (lousy) book reviews.


1. "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins



I want to read these sooooo bad! People I know have been raving about them for quite a while and I heard they're really good. No doubt about that! I'm just bummed that I won't get to create Katniss in my mind; I will just keep picturing her as Jennifer Lawrence.


2. "The One (The Selection #3)" by Kiera Cass

Beautiful cover, isn't it?

Despite the Kiera Cass controversy, I made it a a goal for myself to read the whole "The Selection" series. I am currently reading "The Elite" and, although the covers are breathtaking, I wouldn't really call the series a good one. It is still addicting, however.


3. "Paper Towns" by John Green


I can't learn to respect myself as a reader until I read all John Green books ever written. (And this one sounds quite interesting.)


4. "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" by John Green and David Levithan


What did I say? (Can't wait to read this one.)


5. "Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances" by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle



I'm sorry, guys. (Must get while it's still winter...)


6. "Boy Meets Boy" by David Levithan


Extremely pumped about reading this one. If I manage to get my hands on it, that is. (My mom is very homophobic. Ugh.)


7. "Divergent" series by Veronica Roth


Another one of those books people are raving about all the time. Let's see what all the hype is about...


8. "Flowers For Algernon" by Daniel Keyes


I couldn't wait to get my mittens on this ever since I've read the short story in class!


9. "The Siren" by Kiera Cass


I kinda still wanna read this, even after the Kiera Cass controversy. This was written before, anyway.


10. "It's Kind Of A Funny Story" by Ned Vizzini

Adore the cover design...

Nooo, it's not too late to read this, it's not too late to read and appreciate this...


11. "Uglies" series by Scott Westerfeld


To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I wanna read this anymore. I guess I'll just read the first book, then decide if the series is worth my time.


12. "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett


What can I say, I really enjoyed the movie!


13. "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell


I've read a free sample of "Fangirl" this fall and I can't help connecting myself to the main character, Cath, who is a huge fan of Simon Snow, which is obviously a parody of Harry Potter...


14. "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison


Sadly, I can't help but relate to this main character, either.


15. "Crank" series (and all the others) by Ellen Hopkins


Ellen Hopkins will be my guilty pleasure of 2014.


16. "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold


My mom absolutely loved this one; can't wait to read it!


17. "The Catcher In The Rye" by J.D. Salinger


Hey, it's a YA classic. Can't skip this, can I?


18. "Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #8)" by Jeff Kinney


It's not a proper year without a little Greg Heffley!


19. "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee


I doubt this will actually teach me to kill a mockingbird, but it's still worth a read.


20. "The Grisha" series by Leigh Bardugo


I'm a sucker for anything with Russian elements in it...

...and last but not least...

21. Absolutely Anything Written by Agatha Christie

...really. I've read a couple of her works and I can't deny that I'm hooked. I will definitely be reading Agatha Christie, if nothing else.


And that wraps it up. I might find the desire to read more. In that case, you'll just be getting book reviews. Just don't be harsh... I'm amateur ;)

So, what are some books you want to read in 2014? How many are you setting as your goal? Tell me in the comments, I'll be glad to hear :)

Again, wishing you all a very happy New Year! I hope for all your wishes to come true and wish you health, love, happiness and more health because if you're not healthy, you die (as my P.E. teacher likes to say),

Toodles,

Amee

2 comments:

  1. These all look amazing, I've added a load onto my to-read list. I would really recommend The Hunger Games, Paper Towns, Uglies, The Lovely Bones and The Catcher in the Rye :) This year I want to read everything on my bookshelves that I haven't read yet, including Noughts & Crosses and The Lucky Ones as full series, and mostly just odd 2nd or 3rd books of trilogies, like Matched, Eve, Ashes and Birthmarked. I also really want to read Divergent :D Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! :)
      Those all sound good, I've heard of Matched and was planning to grab the first book, since it's available in the libraries I'm a member of... I'll basically be reading whatever I get my hands on that sounds interesting. It was tempting to put Twilight on the list, not because I'm very into that kind of stuff, but because it's so mainstream and one of those books you just have to read, y'know?
      So you didn't read Divergent yet, either? Finally met someone! The series is so darn popular and everyone is discussing it and I'm just here, like, 'I didn't read it yet'. Awkward.
      Anyway, thank you for the comment, I thought I was writing this to myself xD I know some people are probably just too shy, but it's still nice.

      Delete